Correct comprehension and usage of foreign words.
Duden – German dictionary of foreign words, updated in August 2006 according to the new Official Spelling Rules, offers a thorough survey of the up-to-date and traditional foreign vocabulary presented in the modern German. Thus among the dictionary entries one can find special notes on history, functionality and usage of foreign words in the German language. Duden dictionary of foreign words is an irreplaceable reference book for everyone, who wants to use and understand foreign words correctly. The PDA-version of this dictionary facilitates pronunciation mastering and turns it into game due to the audio samples of the most difficult foreign words included the pack (Audio samples are provided by ARD databank).
• More than 55, 000 foreign words and technical terms of the German present-day language;
• Over 400, 000 notes on meaning, grammar, spelling, word division, and etymology;
• New foreign words from the latest language research (e.g. Blog, Internetauktion, MP3-Player, Open-Source-Software, Public Viewing, Sudoku, USB-Stick etc.);
• Over 8, 000 audio pronunciation samples for difficult words.
• Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Duden dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
• Listen to correct pronunciation of the difficult words with built-in German Sound Module provided by ARD databank, containing audio samples pre-recorded by native speakers; with sound module you won’t hesitate how to pronounce such words like Ayurveda, Baht, Micropayment, Nonprofitunternehmen, Telenovela, volatil, Weblog etc., and will learn about pronunciation variants in such disputable cases as Audit and Magenta;
• Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
• Integrate Duden dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Harrap’s dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
• Dictionary installation on memory cards.
• Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
• Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
• Multilingual interface available in English and German languages.
* To turn on this option, install Duden dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Duden dictionary.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
Paragon Software Group is the leading developer of multi-platform software applications for smartphones and desktop computers. Our product portfolio includes over 120 Multilingual Dictionaries (for 30+ languages and all possible language pair combinations) with databases by the world’s leading publishing houses such as Merriam-Webster, Collins, Duden, PONS, Van Dale, VOX, etc.
For more information visit www.penreader.com
tags: duden, german, foreign words, paragon, dictionary, reference, translate, language